Monday, August 2, 2010

Sick Day

Am home today with Angelina because she has a stomach virus...the same one Sofia had on Friday afternoon, when she threw up at camp. Oh well...I also have a cold, so I'm feeling kind of hazy and dazed.

Am learning all sorts of new things, like how when a child throws up on a remote control, you should never try to wash it. Now we have a dysfunctional remote control and a child who can't watch Dora. Oh man...

That said, here is what I'm grateful for today:

  • My kids, and the fact that they're generally healthy.
  • Am reading Nicholas Kristoff's "Half the Sky," and I'm grateful that I'm living in a society that values women, relatively speaking.
  • That the New York Times on-line isn't charging for it's content....yet.
  • That my mom is going to pick up the 2 older kids and bring me some delicious cherry tomatoes later on today.
  • That even a former Reagan-era Director of the Office of Management and Budget thinks the Republicans now have it dangerously wrong on the economy. See this article. I wonder if anyone will listen to him?

No comments: