Saturday, September 7, 2013
In which I apologize to an ex, indirectly
Okay, I just got a blistering fb message from someone I dated who I had described in an unflattering manner on this blog. In response, I'm going to tone down my description of this person. But that doesn't edit out the fact that I was a total asshole for describing him in that way, even if I was pissed. There are two lessons I take from this. The first, of course, is not to make this blog public. I mean, duh. The second is to get my head out of my ass and have a little compassion. I mean, really. I'm a strong person. In the words of someone I knew in Croatia, we all have our bullshit. There's no need to use it as an excuse to treat others badly. That's what bullies do. I can be strong enough not to be mean. Otherwise, what I'm doing is bullshit. So...it's clear what I need to do. Live your values and all that. Jeez, it should be obvious, right? Barbara Kingsolver says all we need to focus on to do right is to say, "Let me be a good animal today." Well, please let me strive to be a good animal, as much as I have the strength to do so. Amen.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment